When selling your home, it is ALWAYS a good idea to be as prepared as possible for your open house! The funny picture here says a lot, but the reality is, preparation never can start TOO early!
Here are some great ideas from the HGTV blog on how to prepare for an Open House.
- Eliminate half of your belongings as clutter can cost a sale. Rent a storage unit or portable pod for extraneous pieces of furniture or knickknacks. Another idea is to ask a friend if you can borrow some space in his or her garage.
- Use "home wash" (hose attachment available at home improvement stores) to clean the outside of the house.
- Clean rain gutters as well as outside windows and screens.
- Make sure the front door is inviting. Paint the door if needed. Also, replace any outdated outdoor lighting fixtures.
- Buy new house numbers if the old ones are dated or faded. Be sure buyers can see the new ones from the curb.
- Buy a new welcome mat.
- Organize all closets and drawers. Buyers might look there.
- Make any necessary repairs so that buyers don't have to add that to their list of expenses.
For a more detailed list, along with some other goodies that you'll want to prepare for your Open House click here.
As a Realtor I've seen GREAT ones, and I've seen not so great ones. I'd love to help you prepare for your next Open House so feel free to get in touch with me any time.
Because YOU Deserve the Best ...